Dear Friends I have been asked by Tamara Cook, Board president and alumna from the class of 1983, to write you on behalf of Verde Valley School (VVS). I joined Verde Valley as head of school in July of 2015 having served for 30 years in public and private education as head of school, administrator, […]
An International Baccalaureate World School
Verde Valley School offers a dynamic academic experience informed by the incomparable beauty of our environment and the five principles that have guided our mission since 1948.
Our students are drawn from around the world to share an experience that will inspire a life lived with curiosity and connection. Apply today.
Learning at VVS is anchored by the rigorous IB curriculum, but the broader experience is one of inspiration, discovery and community building.
Beginning with the first graduating class in 1951, VVS alumni have been an integral part of shaping the experience of the students that follow.
We are an independent, IB, boarding & day school for students in grades 9-12
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is a challenging curriculum which fosters critical thinking and principled inquiry with the aim of helping students become responsible members of their communities.
The natural beauty of the VVS campus and access to the rugged outdoors allows us to infuse our coursework with our guiding principles – we call it IB+Dirt.
Field Trips + Project Period + Sports + Equestrian VVS Beyond the classroom
Our rigorous academic program is complemented by practical experiential learning that allows students to see beyond the norm, and develop the tools to identify and follow their path in life.
Featured News & Events
Stay up-to-date with what’s happening at Verde Valley School.
When: Thursday, October 6th. 6-9pm Where: 168 N.Fuller Ave. LA, CA 90036 Please join Deryn Warren (founding family /class of ’62) and Head of School, Paul Amadio, for a jovial and informational VVS gathering. We will enjoy a light dinner and string quartet with a short presentation and the opportunity to share your VVS memories, on film, for our […]
Verde Valley School presents the 2nd annual FARM TO TABLE DINNER When: Saturday, September 24, 2016 from 3:00 to 7:00 PM. Cost: $100 per person SOLD OUT Four extraordinary chefs, LISA DAHL, BRIAN WIDMER, SAM WILLIAMS, MICHAEL BRIGGS – Wine Purveyors DA RANCH, CHATEAU TUMBLEWEED, BUCKLIN RANCH, and Micro Brew OAK CREEK BREWERY all join together to create a culinary […]
From the daily routine to the big events that define our school year – explore photo galleries of student life at VVS.
Follow us on twitter and never miss an update about what’s happening at VVS
- VVS Alumni (that includes you Class of 2016!) - It's not too late to register for Reunion Weekend June 17-19 https://t.co/P5dOftUzrz 3 June 2016 at 11:00 PM
- "I like the VVS handshake; it's a hug." - Andy Gill, overheard at tonight's Baccalaureate Night. https://t.co/S6YFMVOKS0 28 May 2016 at 4:08 AM
- Senior Wills for the Verde Valley School Class of 2016! https://t.co/wra9r0eYMX 24 May 2016 at 11:35 PM
- Congratulations to all the student athletes and artists honored at tonight's Community Awards at VVS. https://t.co/ZTS7WevSZO 20 May 2016 at 3:39 AM
- VVS is proud to announce our partnership with the Sedona Arts Center to bring the Sedona Summer Colony to campus. https://t.co/kSuezPD2Cf 18 May 2016 at 11:29 PM